I saw ham & Swiss biscuits on Ree Drummond’s Instagram feed last weekend and they looked so tasty. She didn’t share the recipe, so I found this one on Pinterest instead. This heartwarming sandwich is typically reserved for a party- so here’s to my very merry un-birthday party of 1 on the patio. It was quite a delicious affair.
Baked Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches by allrecipes.com
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 24 mini sandwich rolls (I bought Hawaiian Rolls)
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham (I bought Hillshire Farms Black Forest ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese (I bought sliced baby Swiss)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. In a bowl, mix together butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion. Separate the tops from bottoms of the rolls, and place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish. Layer about half the ham onto the rolls ( I used 2 slices of ham per roll). Arrange the Swiss cheese over the ham ( I used 1 slice of cheese per roll, cut into 4 pieces and layered on top of ham). Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches. Pour the mustard mixture evenly over the rolls.
Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Serve while warm- these make me feel all safe and warm inside.