You’re hosting the cookout this year- don’t serve the same boring burgers everyone else does! Start a culinary revolution by twisting something old into something new.
8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 1/3 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend or coarse salt and black pepper
1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 hamburger buns
Sliced tomatoes and lettuce
Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, onions, pickles (optional)
– Preheat grill to high.
– In a medium pan, brown bacon over medium high heat and drain on paper towel lined plate. Crumble when cool to touch. Divide bacon and cheese into 4 equal parts.
– Combine ground beef with Worcestershire and steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Divide meat into 4 equal parts. Take 1/4 of the meat in your hand and make a well in the center of it. Pile in 1/4 of cheese and bacon, then carefully form the burger around the cheese and bacon filling. Make sure the fillings are completely covered with meat. When all four patties are formed, drizzle burgers with oil and place on hot grill.
– Cook for 2 minutes on each side over high heat, reduce heat to medium low and cook burgers for 7 to 8 minutes longer, turning occasionally. Do not press down on burgers as they cook. Transfer burgers to a plate and let them rest 5 minutes before serving.
– Assemble burgers, buns and your choice of condiments. As you bite into the burgers, you will find the cheesy-bacon surprise at the center. Makes 4 servings.
– Recipe by Rachel Ray (http://www.foodnetwork.com/)